Who is she?

My Photo
G
Newark, NJ, United States
View my complete profile

Monday, May 07, 2007

It's been a whiiiile..

I've been away for a while, and everytime I try o get back on track I think I missed ALOT.. So I end up procrastinating..

Today, I thought I'll drop anything, even if a couple of unrelated sentences, just to push me back on track..

So what interesting news have occured these past 2 months?

1. I finished my surgery rotation..
I love surgery.. LOVE IT.. I hate the paper work, but once I'm in an OR, I feel like the queen of the world! The rotation was through Febrary,March, and April.. The first month was crappy in KFSH.. 2nd & 3rd was in the university hospital, I took every on call with Oli and sara.. It was the best 2 months in my whole internship! I did plastic surgery, and cardiac surgery.. (yes, heart surgery..)
Needless to say, by the end of those 3 months, I literally crawled back home to sleep..

2. On Mai first, the university threw us a graduation party.. it was huge, and I was chosen to be the velleydictorian.. Yup, I stood up and said the goodbuy words infront of thousands of women.. It was mazing, I thought at first I might collapse, but then it went so smooth and I became famous lol..
My mom got me 2 gifts, I was so touched, she said one is from her, and the other is what my dad would've given me had h been alive.. I almost cried.. She got me a beautiful diamond ring.. and the other gift was diamond studded rosary.. It belonged to my dad, amd just the idea was mind-blowing.. I was so happy and definitely in tears..

3. With the beginning of Mai, my ER rotation began too.. the system in ER is as follows:
You mustattend 15 shifts in a month..
You must have 5 of each, day shifts, evening shifts, and night shifts.. Days being from 8 to 4 pm, evenings from 4 to 12 am, and nights from 12 to 8 am..

My brave husband, suggested that if we took consecutive shifts, we could finish our total requirements earlier, so we took a double shift from 12 am yesterday, til 4 pm this evening.. I WAS WALKING HOME DEAD.. ZOMBIE.. I hit the bed, and I went into a deep coma..

I think that's enough for a catch up.. I really forgot how this works lol.. I had to change almost everything to exite myself a little.. guess it worked.. Thx ahmed for the inspiration ;)

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

hey nice to see u back :-) double shifts? u guys r crazy! But I guess it was the only solution huh? :-(

Glad u had a blast at the grad party... and congrats for all the presents mashallah... and yes I am sure ur dad would have been proud! Allah yer7amo :-)

last thing, ur welcome its my pleasure :-)